Kentucky Office of Health Benefit and Health Information Exchange Advisory Board Members
Advisory Board members have relevant experience in health benefits administration, health care finance, health plan purchasing, health care delivery system administration, public health, and other health policy issues related to the small group and individual markets and the uninsured.
- Audrey Haynes, Secretary of the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. Secretary Haynes serves as Chair of the Board.
- Sharon Clark is Commissioner of the Department of Insurance.
- Mary Reinle Begley is Commissioner of the Department for Behavioral Health and Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities.
- Gabriela Alcalde, of Louisville, is a health policy officer at Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky. Ms. Alcalde represents individual purchasers of health benefit plans in Kentucky.
- David Allgood, of Louisville, is director of advocacy at the Center for Accessible Living and a member of the board of directors of Kentucky Voices for Health. Mr. Allgood represents consumer advocates or consumer representatives.
- Andrea Bennett, of Louisville, is deputy director of Kentucky Youth Advocates. Ms. Bennett represents consumer advocates or consumer representatives.
- Jeff Bringardner, of Louisville, is president of Humana Inc., Kentucky. Mr. Bringardner represents insurers.
- Ruth Brinkley, of Louisville, is president of KentuckyOne Health. Ms. Brinkley represents facility-based health care providers.
- Joe Ellis, O.D., of Benton, is an optometrist at EyeCare Associates of Kentucky. Dr. Ellis represents small employers doing business in Kentucky.
- Edward Erway, of Lexington, is chief revenue officer at University of Kentucky Healthcare. Mr. Erway represents facility-based health care providers.
- Carl Felix, of Frankfort, is chief operating officer at Bluegrass Family Health. Mr. Felix represents insurers.
- Donna Ghobadi, of Lexington, is vice president of revenue cycle at Central Baptist Hospital. Ms. Ghobadi represents facility-based health care providers.
- Connie Hauser, of Barbourville, is a physical therapist at P.T. Pros, Inc. Ms. Hauser represents non facility-based providers.
- Lisa Lee is the Commissioner of the Department for Medicaid Services.
- Deborah Moessner, of Louisville, is president and general manager at Anthem Blue Cross and BlueShield. Ms. Moessner represents insurers.
- Julie Paxton, of Prestonsburg, is an attorney for Mountain Comprehensive Care Center. Ms. Paxton represents facility-based health care providers.
- Tihisha Rawlins, of Louisville, is associate state director of AARP. Ms. Rawlins represents consumer advocates or consumer representatives.
- John Thompson, D.M.D., of Lexington, is a dentist at Thompson, Lee and Lee P.S.C. Dr. Thompson represents non facility-based providers.
- Given Marcus Woodward, of Ashland, is a health insurance broker at Woodward and Associates. Mr. Woodward represents insurance agents.
- Kathy Wheeler, of Versailles, Kentucky, represents non-facility based health care providers licensed in the Commonwealth.
- Malea Hoepf Young, of Louisville, represents consumers.