The purpose of completing this form is to begin the Kentucky Office of Health Benefit and Information Exchange (KOHBIE) on-boarding process for participating insurance agents to have access to the kynect enrollment system.
Upon completing and submitting this form to the KOHBIE, an agent will be sent an email with instructions to access our public share point site. The site will provide interactive training and all training materials. After completing the training and passing the exam a follow-up email will be sent with further instructions to access the agent dashboard.
Individual Insurance Agent Requirements to Participate
- Be licensed by the Kentucky Department of Insurance (DOI) with a health line of authority;
- Complete the OKHBE approved agent training in accordance with 45 C.F.R. 155.220(d)(2);
- Sign an individual agent participation agreement;
- Comply with the privacy and security standards of 45 C.F.R. 155.260;
- Except for agents employed directly by a participating issuer, maintain an appointment with at least two (2) QHP issuers participating on the OKHBE; or
- Maintain a designation with a business entity having an appointment with at least two (2) QHP issuers participating on the OKHBE; and
- Complete registration and verification with the KOHBIE through the Kentucky Online Gateway.
Note: A licensed insurance agent employed by an KOHBIE participating issuer as a representative of that issuer to sell, solicit, and negotiate an insurance policy on behalf of that issuer are not required to have a second appointment.