Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

For the latest information on the Coronavirus in Kentucky, please visit

Help at No Cost

Insurance Agents and kynectors near you can help over the phone or in person. You can find someone near you by visiting the Agent and kynector search tool. Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange Customer Service and your local DCBS office can also assist you in filling out an application and enrolling in Medicaid or KCHIP.

Find Help Online

Finding help online is easy through and

Contact KHBE

Get help by calling Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange at 1-855-459-6328


By reaching out to a local kynectors in your area.

Fact Sheets

The following fact sheets are provided to help you get and understand health coverage. For more information, go to Information in Spanish and other languages also is available at

Tax Credit

Qualified Health Plan

If you are eligible for a Qualified Health Plan, you will apply online at or by calling the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-318-2596. offers an annual Open Enrollment Period. This is the only time you can enroll in a qualified health plan through the health insurance marketplace unless you have a qualifying event like giving birth or losing other health coverage.

Medicaid and KCHIP

If you or a family member is qualified for Medicaid or KCHIP, you may use Kentucky's Self Service Portal,, or call 1-855-459-6328.

Get Coverage You Need

Most health plans must cover a set of preventive services like shots and screening tests at no cost to you

All plans offered in the Marketplace cover the same set of essential health benefits. These include doctor visits, trips to the hospital and emergency room, medicine, and care for pregnant women and children.

Saving Money on Insurance Costs

When you apply for coverage, you will find out if you can get help with costs. Tax credits and other special savings help lower your monthly payment and the amount you would pay for doctor visits, medicine, and other out of pocket expenses.

The tax credit is called an Advanced Premium Tax Credit or APTC.