Assisters will help individuals and small businesses to compare different coverage options available through KHBE and facilitate enrollment. Additionally, contracted assisters will perform outreach and education sessions to raise awareness about the federally facilitated marketplace (FFM), benefind and other affordability programs.
Contracted assisters must carry out at least the following duties:
- Maintain expertise in eligibility, enrollment and program specifications and conduct public education activities to raise awareness about the Health Benefit Exchange, FFM and Medicaid.
- Provide information and services in a fair, accurate and impartial manner acknowledging other health programs.
- Facilitate selection of a QHP.
- Provide referrals to any applicable office of health insurance consumer assistance or health insurance ombudsman or any other state agency or agencies.
- Provide information in a manner culturally and linguistically appropriate to the needs of the population being served.
Community Action Kentucky (CAK) for Medicaid regions 1,2 (Western Kentucky) 4,5 (Southcentral Kentucky) and 6,7 (Northern Kentucky).
Kentuckiana Regional Planning Development Agency (KIPDA) for Medicaid region 3 (Louisville area).
Kentucky Primary Care Association (KyPCA) for Medicaid region 8 (Southeastern Kentucky)
KHBE Assister Map